This is the cookbook the veggie-inclined amongst us have been waiting for: Rukmini Iyer, author of last year's hugely popular The Roasting Tin, returns with The Green Roasting Tin. Packed with 75 quick, easy and delicious vegetarian and vegan one-dish recipes, The Green Roasting Tin makes eating well an everyday possibility and cuts down on the washing up! To whet your appetite, we've a recipe from the book, and to tempt you even further we've a discount voucher exclusively for our online customers*, below.
CRISP CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH HARISSA & GOAT'S CHEESE
This is one of the most visually beautiful dishes in the book, and tastes as good as it looks. Serve with Greek yogurt and some cous cous on the side.
Prep: 10 minutes - Cook: 25–30 minutes
1 very large cauliflower
1 red onion, quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 teaspoons harissa
125g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
30g pine nuts, roughly chopped
20g panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/gas 6. Remove the greens from the cauliflower and pop them into the roasting tin along with the red onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt.
2) Slice the cauliflower from top to bottom into four thick steaks and lay these in the tin along with the greens and red onion. Rub each steak on both sides with ½ teaspoon of harissa. Season with sea salt, then press the goat’s cheese on to each steak.
3) Mix the pine nuts, panko breadcrumbs and parsley with a pinch of sea salt, then scatter a quarter of this over each cauliflower steak, pressing down lightly.
4) Drizzle with olive oil, then transfer to the oven to roast for 25–30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the cauliflower is just cooked through.
5) Serve the steaks with cous cous and Greek yogurt, with the crispy leaves and onions alongside.
Rukmini Iyer is a food stylist and food writer, formerly a lawyer. She loves creating new recipes and making food look beautiful for shoots, and when she's not styling, cooking or entertaining, she can usually be found reading by the riverside, or filling her balcony with more plants than it can hold.
To buy The Green Roasting Tin with 20% off, just add the book to your basket and use the code CONTSW18 at checkout between 3rd and 12th July 2018.
*Ts&Cs: Promotional code is valid from 3rd July until 12th July 2018 inclusive for online purchases of The Green Roasting Tin. Offer does not apply to any other item and cannot be used instore or on Click and Collect orders. For more Promotional Code terms and conditions, please click here.